NIPS School of Hotel Management, has grown on its 24 years long experience in successfully running professional institution. The achievements and the spirit of excellence that have become the hallmark of the graduates of NIPS. What sets us apart at NIPS is our holistic view of education . Our objective is to develop not only a competent professional but nurture a complete individual - with skills, knowledge base creativity needed for global rewarding career.
All the courses offered by NIPS take off from the learning of the rich Indian heritage and the Culture and are perfectly blended with the Western Hotel and Hospitality Management education system. This provides the students of NIPS with a world class contemporary education in specific fields of the subject, to shape them to have an edge over others, to shape them to be future leaders.
- NIPS School of Hotel Management is approved by All India Council for Technical Education ( AICTE) Ministry of HRD, Government of India
- NIPS School of Hotel Management is affiliated by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as WBUT),Government of West Bengal
- NIPS School of Hotel Management is approved by West Bengal State Council for Technical Education, Government of West Bengal.
- NIPS is an ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 1400:2004 Institution,
- NIPS is an Institutional Member of ISTE, CII, BNCCI, PRSI, AIMA, FHRAI, HRAEI, EURHODIP, NABI, HITA and AIWF.
- Winner 8th National Education Award
- Winner National West Bengal Education Award
- Ranked No.1 among Eastern India - The Pioneer Newspaper
- Ranked No.2 among India's Private Hotel Management Institute - The Pioneer Newspaper
- Eastern India's Best Hotel Management Institute - Brands Academy
- Best Placement Award - South Asian Academy Awards
- World Record Holder
- Holder of Limca, Asia & India Books of Records
- Rated 5*****-Star College - The Pioneer Newspaper
- Recipient of “ Best Hotel Management College of Kolkata” from Brands Academy, Education Excellence Award 2011 & 2012
- NIPS was awarded the Certificate of Honour as ‘One of the best 5 Educational Institutes of the Nation’ in the Hotel Management Category by ‘Gurukuljyoti Award’ for Excellence in Education, 2006.
- NIPS been showered with accolades in India, it also has the unique distinction of being the only Asian Institute to win Worldwide Hospitality Award in Paris, France in 2003.
- NIPS School of Hotel Management has made its way to the Limca Book of Records, India Book of Records and Asia Book of Records by creating a unique record of 188 different varieties of Omelets in ten minutes by 154 students and teachers.
NIPS presently has its Main campus at 297, Mahishbathan, Sector V, Salt Lake City , Kolkata with more than 20,000 sq. ft. of built up area and a sprawling lawn set up the ambience for a perfect educational ambience.
Trained and experienced Lecturer with adequate Industrial Experience. NIPS Faculty Members are continually in demand as advisors and consultants to the industry and work closely with them to achieve the continuity of learning between the classroom and the workplace. We have a dedicated team of hospitality experts with excellent credentials with extensive experience in the industry. All faculties excel in bringing out the best in every student. Hands -on leadership and business mentoring by experienced industry experts. Students gain hands on experience in operational facilities at NIPS designed to replicate real life situations and ensures that graduates have high level of employability.
NIPS offers best of the region facilities for hotel and hospitality management studies. Besides spacious classrooms, conference halls, well equipped e – library, IT resource centers, the food and beverage production lab with three modern kitchens, bakery and confectionary unit, specialty restaurants, coffee shops, furnished AC deluxe rooms, front office labs and laundry are integral part of the infrastructure to train and impart hands on skills in specific area of service.
Support facilities include hostel accommodation, transport service, Travel Desk, Support service for higher studies abroad and Personality Development programmes. The Institute is pledged to augment the facilities and infrastructure continuously, to meet the ever changing challenges of the ever-growing sunshine industry, the hospitality and the tourism industry.
Both theoretical and practical classes are conducted but emphasis is laid upon practical training. Students are exposed to regular Industry visits from the 1st year itself.
The Management keeps all the parents aware of student’s performance in tests / exams, attendance etc. by sending reports directly to them through post. One parent teacher meet is organized every year. Parents are expected to keep in touch with principal on a concurrent basis.
We welcome suggestions from the students, they can drop letters specifically in a box kept locked in lobby, this box is opened by chairman of the college personally & confidentially. All suggestions are addressed on priority
This non-tangible but very-very important aspect is a dealt at topes priority. Image Management program is a on-going feature several renowned faculties are deputed to fine tune body language, communication skills, grooming, manners and etiquette resulting in bringing out socially acceptable cultured & matured person with every student.
This dedicated one month program is targeted to handle the toughest & most embarrassing situations during the interviews.
Grooming for interviews, non-verbal communications, better expressions are embedded in each students so that he can project his full talent to interviews. After this program student feel far more confident.
Chairman : Mr. Padma Deo Pathak
Managing Director : Mr. Vivek Pathak
Group Advisor : Mrs. Arunima Sen Pathak
Deputy Director : Mr. Joseph Uttam Gomes
Assistant Director : Mr. Ranabir Ray